Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Jigsaw Puzzle 拼图

 Unframed 1,500pcs by Falcon in England, fixed about 8 years ago.
It's been years since I did my last jigsaw puzzle. Somehow over the years, my passion for jigsaw puzzle had diminished until 1 fine day in August 2012.

It just triggered my mind out of the blue. My mind was suddenly filled with all the pleasure I enjoyed when I was fixing the pieces up. While I was browsing the net, I read so much from other jigsaw puzzle enthusiast. When the urge is being summoned, it will not stop. I have to do it again!!


Not to be too ambitious, I ordered a 3,000 pieces from ebay, it's now on its way all the way from Belgium! But the 5,000, 6,000 and even 8,000 pieces are calling! Am asking myself, could I possibly do the biggest in the world? 32,256 pieces?? Wait...wait...cool down...the price is sky high....the size is 124"x75"!!! Maybe I can do the 24,000 pieces instead, maybe!






 "Reach for the stars", 1,000pcs, did about 10 years ago, very easy. Nicely framed with non-reflective glass. 


1,000pcs, did in early 90s, moderate difficulty.

 
1,000pcs, luminous gold under spotlight, very beautiful.
1,000pcs panorama jigsaw puzzle.  




Declared the biggest in the world in 2010, 24,000pcs jigsaw puzzle . Don't think it's very difficult because it comes in a few plastic bags. One can easily fix it part by part, probably 6,000pcs each part, still it's very challenging.
In 2011, this 32,256pcs puzzle had become the world's largest. It's 17'x6', weighed 18kg. Already they are many jigsaw puzzle enthusiast around the word who had done it. You need a cart to move it. The price? USD300+, excluding shipping cost.

It also come in a few plastic bags. Can fix according to the bags, which are different sections of the puzzle. 

To make it even more challenging, some chose to mix all 32k pieces up before start fixing. Crazy? No, it's challenging. The result will be very satisfactory and fulfilling!!

My biggest so far is only 3,000pcs. Will go for 5,000 or 6,000pcs next, then 8,000 and 9,000 ......











No comments:

Post a Comment