Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Jigsaw Puzzle 拼图 - The Kiss

T
This is the biggest I did so far. 3,000pcs painting entitled "The Kiss" by German artist Gustav Klimt in 1908, the original is in Vienna. Did it about 10 years ago. Didn't get it frame though, missing 1pc and also it's big. I remembered I took a long time to finish working only 2-3 hrs a night. 


It was not difficult to fix. As usual I got it sorted out by colors first. Started with the face and the dress which are the most significant. I did it on a piece of mounting board on the dinning table. Usually the puzzle would be on the able until it was done.


The piece which is defected here was the result of  Bau's teeth. She was probably only 2 - 3 years old. I would keep her away from the table most of the time. But she managed to grab 2pcs once and started to munch in her mouth. I remembered I had to pry open her mouth with my hands and dug the pieces out in time. Luckily it's not noticeable at all. I will have to do something about the missing piece soon.   

The missing piece.
Lilo, the dog, was very curious when i put the puzzle on the floor to take the photos. 

While i was busying with the camera, one of the loose piece fell and ended in Lilo, our dog's mouth. When i found out, she quickly ran away and hide under the coffee table.  


No comments:

Post a Comment