Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

Books in my life

Ever since I've read Alice in the Wonderland when I was about 9 years old, I have discovered the magic world of novels.


It's all up to your imaginations. The era of time, the characters, the location, the place. You will have a picture printed in your mind according to the description. You will then wallowed up into the story. Very often, you cry when the story is sad.

Outside the bedroom
Inside the bedroom

I enjoy collecting the books as well as reading them.


This is the double-sided book shelf in my bedroom. It also serves as a divider.



There is a teak book shelf in the living room. It houses my favorite English authors. Mostly Dean Koontz and others. 

I read every night before I go to sleep. Sometimes very late into the night. Most of my books are suspense and thriller. Family sagas are also my favorite. Read a lot of romance when I was in high school.

This is built-in on one of the corner of the house. The Millennium Series trilogy are here. Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides is also here.


There are some hard covers on the coffee table.


Magazines are in the basket. A few antique books and antique Readers' Digest.


Books on the top of the chase of drawers.

Novels are essential items in my life. They keep me occupied and also are "food for my spirit and my soul".  I can go into so many people's life and feel what they go through. And to travel into other worlds with wild imagination.

I wish that I can have a mini library in my home one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment