Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

Food Ordering & Groceries Shopping Online


Bao will sit for the trial exam soon, so we do not want to disturb her revision by having meals outside.
Working hard....sticking notes on the door of her wardrobe
But we are tired of Pizza Hut & MacDonald. And then I recalled someone mentioned food delivery service to me before. So I typed "order food online in selangor" in the browser, and a list of results appeared. (u may say that why don't u cook? Ya, i know....)

I clicked on the first one that says order food online, the name is room service. I was asked to fill in the area first. Then a list of restaurants appeared. Not many, less than 20.  Hmm....let's try another one.

The next is food panda. Again, identify our location first. The list appeared. I chose Din Tai Fung, one of our favorites. The menu appeared. I clicked on the dishes we wanted and the amount calculated in a box on the right of the page. The service charge is only RM4.00. It's a bargain! I confirmed the order and in a short while, an sms from the company saying that the order is confirmed and it will delivered in about an hour time.

Less than 1 hour later, a motorcycle arrived with our food all nicely packed in reheatable container complete with sources and ginger for the dumpling and disposable cutlery. (forgot to take pictures, couldn't wait to eat)

The food was packed inside this paper bag.
A must, Xiao long bao.

 Picture taken when we patronized the restaurant previously.
It's so simple! I do not have to change and make my face up and go thru the traffic and look for parking space and queue in front of the shop and wait for the food.

The queue at Empire Shopping Gallery. picture courtesy of 

Next, I tried Tesco online shop, a place I heard before but have yet to try.  The shop is well labeled with things from groceries to everything you need at home. I made my purchase and asked to choose a slot for delivery. Apparently they have delivery every 2 hours with charges of RM8 and RM10. As my purchase is more than RM100, I enjoyed free delivery!


The truck arrived promptly with the ice-cream and yogurts still cold. For this service, they only accept a credit cards.

Just to try out, i ordered only the essential items.
And now I don't have to queue at the cashier with trolley full of groceries and food stuff, how i hate it. And if we don't feel like going out to have meals, we can order online besides pizza hut and macdonald deliveries. For fashions, I can order either locally or Tmall, IF I don't want to join the crowd. I am loving every bit of e commerce and really enjoy the advantage of modern living !        




1 comment:

  1. Online grocery shopping is good idea it save time ,money,and energy.we don't have to take parking tension,it save petrol,we don't need to carry heavy bags and many things.I always shop grocery online to save time.

    ReplyDelete