Pages

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Bau - first 2 months

I was lucky to have both my mother and my sister to help me during the confinement month.

From them, I learned to bathe and to make her comfortable. I learned to prepare her bottle and to feed and burp her. I learned how to fold and change her diaper. Things that I didn't even imagine I would do and was doing them.  For a month, everyday, 3 of us were working round the clock including night feedings. During the month, she had learned to look at us when we called and talked to her. She liked to be cuddled most of the time. Mother said that she was a very alert baby. By now, the whole house smelled of her baby powder and lotion coupled with milk and chinese oil.

On her full moon day, we ordered the usual Chinese full moon gift sets to distribute to our family members and close friends and colleagues. We changed her into a tiny white dress wearing tiny baby gold bracelet and necklace from her dear grandpa and my mother.  We brought her to the buddhist temple for blessings. We received a lot of ang pows and presents from relatives & friends. Some came to visit in the hospital and some came to our house. We were very grateful.


Mother and sister trimmed her hair.

1.5 months old during her first CNY.
During the Chinese New Year, we brought 1.5 month old Bau to the grandfather's hometown and my own hometown which are far apart. She was fine with the travelling and had already turned into a cute little chubby baby. She always smiles when we were teasing her.

When I was dued to go back to work after two months, I was so reluctant to leave her with the baby-sitter who is also her grand-aunt. Everymorning, her father will put her in a basket bassinet and sent her to the auntie's house. I would be very happy when she came home in the evening.

Slowly I learned to be an attentive mother. She was an contented and undemanding baby. She didn't cry a lot. She finished her milk with no fuss.






No comments:

Post a Comment